I did a list like this several years ago, and decided it was time to do a new one. I’m still thankful for the stuff on the old list. But here are some more things.
- My house. It is exactly what David and I were both looking for. I mean EXACTLY. Everything he wanted, everything I wanted. Everything. Took us 3 years to find it. It makes me happy.
- Hot water. There is nothing like a hot shower. Nothing.
- Family. This was on my last list, but it bears repeating. I have the most amazing family, from my kids and husband to my parents and siblings, to my wonderful in-laws, and extended family. As a subset, I want to mention the Daws. I recently told a friend, I don’t know where the Mercers end and the Daws begin. They are, seamlessly, my family.
- This nice little heater that is currently keeping me warm while I’m writing this.
- Enough money to pay our bills.
- Books. Again, this was on my last list, and again, it bears repeating. It’s that important.
- That my baby girl Mary is getting better. She still has a long way to go, but she can do more now than she could a year ago. I’m thankful that we finally figured out what was wrong with her (thanks to the diligence of one Dr. Janke), and that it isn’t cancer or anything similarly scary. And for the validation that it is NOT psychological! (Take THAT, everyone who said, cautiously, as to a mad woman, “Have you tried… counseling?”)
- Friends I’ve been able to stay in touch with through the magic of Facebook.
- The turkey I got in the oven this morning with a minimum of fuss, and the husband who helped me get it in there.
- The way my family pitched in to get the house cleaned up for the 13 people we will be feeding later today!
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. Love you all!